|Elektroniniai valdžios vartai|
SAMOGITIA – STUBBORN REGION WITH WARM PEOPLE
Samogitia is an old, ethno-cultural region of Lithuania, which managed to preserve distinctive language and respect to the regional history and customs. Samogitian people are characterized as reticent stubborn people with big gentle hearts and hospitable attitude.
SAMOGITIAN LANGUAGE IS a dialect of Lithuanian language and is being used by Samogitians nowadays.
SAMOGITIAN CULTURE IS one of the best preserved regional cultures in Lithuania with unique folklore, literature, theatre, museology and cultural heritage.
DID YOU KNOW THAT SAMOGITIA IS THE ONLY ETHNOGRAPHICAL REGION…
• where people can receive Samogitian passport;
• which has preserved unique horse breed – Žemaitukai. It is still being reared in Samogitian village museum and is protected by UN;
• which had suspended the final christening of the whole Europe. It was the very last part of Europe christened in 1413 year.
TELŠIAI – REGIONAL CAPITAL WITH COSY ENVIRONMENT
Telšiai district is located in the North West of Lithuania, in the Middle Samogitian Upland, taking area of 1439 sq. km. District population is about 46366. Telšiai is the capital of Samogitia.
SIGHTSEEING IN TELŠIAI. It is a beautiful small town, surrounding legendary lake Mastis. The natural landscape, rich historical background and cosy little streets make it very unique and attractive to the tourists. Telšiai town has many objects of cultural heritage, such as St. Anthony cathedral with binary altar; cubistic St. Nicolaus Orthodox Church; remains of Yeshiva buildings; authentic Samogitian village museum and other architectural monuments. Telšiai Old Town is one of seven protected Old Towns in Lithuania.
DID YOU KNOW THAT TELŠIAI…
• town was built on seven hills, just like great Rome;
• can be officially announced as a town with largest number of bear symbols;
• has unique lake Lūkstas where people discover amber drops.
TELŠIAI – SMALL TOWN WITH BIG AMBITIONS
Telšiai is small contemporary European town – administrative, economical, religious and educational centre of Samogitia, which advancement is caused by active, educated and enterprising people.
PRIORITIES. Safe environment, social security and health services, economics and attractive business environment, education and culture, tourism and cultural heritage
• Telšiai has innovative agencies for enterprise and art business beginners: „Business incubator“, „Arts incubator“, „Education centre“.
• Telšiai possesses all types of educational institutions: from nursery schools to colleges and universities.
• Telšiai district can be proud for its cultural centres, exhibition hall, theatre, public libraries, regional park, museums, mounds, galleries, etc.
• There is a viable development of competitive average-sized farms, oriented towards ecological farming.
• There are steady industry traditions in Telšiai district with perspective possibilities and prosperous environment for new trade investments.
DID YOU KNOW THAT TELŠIAI…
• is one of the most successful small towns in Lithuania, realizing infrastructural European projects;
• is a winner of a cultural project and in 2016 will officially be announced as Lithuanian Culture Capital;
• after the implementation of landscaping project is being used in the adverts of national televisions, what encourages a significant increase of the tourists.